Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Stroganoff

Today for dinner, we made my mom's delicious Stroganoff. It's great served over rice or Egg Noodles.

You'll need:
1 lb Ground beef
1 can Cream of Chicken Soup (You can use Cream of Mushroom, we just don't like it.)
Milk
Worcestershire Sauce
2 Beef Bullion cubes
Sour Cream
(You can also add onions, garlic, garlic powder, or I love just experimenting with seasonings.)

Here's the steps and stuff:
1. Brown the grounds beef. If you want to add onions, garlic, or any seasonings, now is the time to do that. I chunked it up really small, but really just do it how you would like to eat it.
2.Stir in cream of chicken soup and enough milk to make it more like a sauce and less like a congealed something. If I had to guess I would say that today we might have done 2/3 cup. Maybe, I'm not really sure. It's a good idea to add a bit, stir, and then decide if you need more.
3. Add bullion cubes and Worcestershire sauce. About 8 shakes from the bottle should be good. I'm all for tasting the food as you go along.
4. Stir it all together and simmer. (Now is a good time to make sure the noodles are cooking, if that's what you're serving it over. You might have wanted to start the rice a while ago, if that's your preference.) You can pretty much simmer as long as you need to. I'd say go for a 7 minute minimum. Basically, the longer you simmer, the more the flavors soak and combine and stuff.
5. When you're ready to serve it, add in 1/2 to 1 cup sour cream. Once again, add some. Stir. Taste it. Add some more. Just go until you feel like it is great.

And, yeah. Depending on how saucy you like your food and such, I'd say it can serve 5 to 9 people. 9 sounds random, but you're just going to have to trust me that it's not.

No comments:

Post a Comment